Nibun

How do we control the large amount of people that come on the server fairly often and RDM fairly often

INTRODUCTION

In recent times ive come to notice the basis of what rdm truly is. By stepping away from the server against my will I am somewhat able to not have tunnel vision and I usually see the cesspool of bans happening as Scrolling through the forums is my supercentral alternative right now.

RDM or Random deathmatch is when a person kills another person withought legitimate evidence agianst them proving them as a Traitor.

PROBLEM

The recent problem with the server when I last was on it was people such as myself. That were fairly active but held little or no regard to the rdm rules. Rdming nearly every round believing that because they are doing single rdms and not multiple in the same time even as they are fully aware they are rdming believe it to be okay. Its not.  When I rdmed somoene I would almost get a sense of pride when it was a traitor and yet when the latter happens I made it my goal to ruin that persons session.

SOLUTION

How is it that we can rehabilitate most of these people into rulefollowers? These people are quite a large amount of the usuals and even as their case may not be as extreme as mine how can we encourage them or point them into the right direction?

Edited by Nibun

Interesting. We could have our regulars message the new players and teach them what its all about.  Or a message box that they can type in for a command that will explain the whole concept of things

Just now, LeviN said:

Interesting. We could have our regulars message the new players and teach them what its all about.  Or a message box that they can type in for a command that will explain the whole concept of things

I agree that their should be messages

See, this is where I'm confused.   The answer is already implemented.  When you join the server, theres a MOTD With the rules, When you hit F1, Theres more guidelines and tips. Its all already there.

Just now, Moonith said:

See, this is where I'm confused.   The answer is already implemented.  When you join the server, theres a MOTD With the rules, When you hit F1, Theres more guidelines and tips. Its all already there.

What were discussing is the disregard by common players of the impact of rdm on the community and the gameplay. For example people seeing rdming once every 2 rounds as fine even if its consistent while believeing 2 rdms in a round is very bad for them

Most common issue people have is that they skip the motd and rush into the server. We can still have an /motd command where they can refer to. Nothing to force upon them though. 

Just now, LeviN said:

Most common issue people have is that they skip the motd and rush into the server. We can still have an /motd command where they can refer to. Nothing to force upon them though. 

Perhaps we could have something where if you just got off your slay for rdm and you rdm again the round your let off the hook with zero evidence then the slays could increase perhaps?

This is a staff discretion kind of situation, to those who are online. If a player is RDMing repetitively, the staff can determine how to address it, wether it be effective, is up to both, the staff and the player.
We cannot control the players, beyond what we already have in place. I would like to see something implemented, but I dont think we have the coderknowledge required.

Bob was slain by Jim for RDM.

*Round start* Bob has been slain for rdm, MOTD has been opened on bobs screen, with "Must scroll to bottom and checkmark "I've re-read the motd" then click accept."

Just now, Moonith said:

This is a staff discretion kind of situation, to those who are online. If a player is RDMing repetitively, the staff can determine how to address it, wether it be effective, is up to both, the staff and the player.
We cannot control the players, beyond what we already have in place. I would like to see something implemented, but I dont think we have the coderknowledge required.

Bob was slain by Jim for RDM.

*Round start* Bob has been slain for rdm, MOTD has been opened on bobs screen, with "Must scroll to bottom and checkmark "I've re-read the motd" then click accept."

Oh like a terms of agreement where you have to scroll through the whole thing except everytime you get slayed it opens it???

Although I'm sure its against server policy to force players to an agreement (or it was for Half-life 1 games). So sadly we cannot implement that. What I am saying is, they can get slayed for rdm, and if they do, there is a command that comes up with a server message saying something like "Type /motd to view server rules and RDM" or something specific for each slay reasoning.

As for bans and kicks, we can refer them to the website. 

Just now, LeviN said:

Although I'm sure its against server policy to force players to an agreement (or it was for Half-life 1 games). So sadly we cannot implement that. What I am saying is, they can get slayed for rdm, and if they do, there is a command that comes up with a server message saying something like "Type /motd to view server rules and RDM" or something specific for each slay reasoning.

As for bans and kicks, we can refer them to the website. 

So your saying that every time a person gets slayed it shows them the rule they broke?

Doesn't show them directly, it lists a message that asks them to type "/rules" or "/motd" without forcing them to do so. This helps those who want to change and view the rules and also helps us admins distinguish who is willing to understand and abide and those who don't. 

Just now, LeviN said:

Doesn't show them directly, it lists a message that asks them to type "/rules" or "/motd" without forcing them to do so. This helps those who want to change and view the rules and also helps us admins distinguish who is willing to understand and abide and those who don't. 

So you should be able to see if the person looked after? (oh yeah the "person opened motd")

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.