{Pseudostaff}ThatMLGDude

Make disguisers great again?

Disguiser is an amazing T item but at the same time it is useless. Why? Because of KOS on skin which seems like it isn't enforced enough. Of course how do you KOS on skin when someone has no identifiable skin (Like Hashisaki has his very blue very shiny skin that can be recognized so easily or I have my demonic skin with errors all around me [until I changed it to a bumblebee material] so we are recognized easily) Perhaps someone could work on a way that when a disguiser is enabled the user automatically appears as the default skin (because who would skin KOS something that tons of players use)

9 hours ago, Math2718 said:

Better yet, just remove the mics entirely.  That's also a H.U.G.E. problem in a lot of prop hunt servers, and it can be fixed

When you say remove the mics entirely do you mean remove the mic icons entirely because that would be good. Also you need to AWP your pun game Math. 

This would be a great idea as I get kosed off of skin and mics when wearing a disguiser all the time. When you kos someone off of a mic above their head and nobody else is talking it is metagaming, it is the same with kos off of skin. Even if you know it is them you need evidence unless you are a Traitor which they get kosed for false koses anyways. A fix to the skin problem would be just remove skins entirely and as Math said remove the mic icon. The skins are a huge reason people play though so that would fix the problem but make some people unhappy. Bottom line just don't kos anyone off of skin or mic because your metagaming :)

Peace

Well the mic thing really isnt meta gaming, lets say on the map with the prison I see frog kill someone through the cage while the cage wall is up and he giggles, I know it was him cus the mic symbol popped up, thats all inside game information. Kossing off of skin is different because the skins themselves arent a part of the game itself, just a nice bonus feature and each person chooses their own.

But it kinda IS metagaming as you're using info from that game in the wrong way, like Karma.  Using the in-game info not for its intended use is the basis of metagaming.

You dont have to press tab to see the mic though, oh well. I agree with the removing the mic entirely idea you had, would make disguisers better and lets say youre walking away from a murder and no one sees your name but sees your mic, they could kos you. So removing the mic icon above your head would sort that too. 

Edited by ClaraTehKitty

16 hours ago, Oreos said:

This would be a great idea as I get kosed off of skin and mics when wearing a disguiser all the time. When you kos someone off of a mic above their head and nobody else is talking it is metagaming, it is the same with kos off of skin. Even if you know it is them you need evidence unless you are a Traitor which they get kosed for false koses anyways. A fix to the skin problem would be just remove skins entirely and as Math said remove the mic icon. The skins are a huge reason people play though so that would fix the problem but make some people unhappy. Bottom line just don't kos anyone off of skin or mic because your metagaming :)

Peace

1. When you say remove skins entirely do you mean from the server completely or just for disguised players (Which is what I think should happen) I don't think there is a need to remove all skins. I think that technically the microphone kos is metagaming the way the rules are set up. I don't necessarily agree that it should be metagaming. I do think that both are a problem and I hope admins will be able to find a way to change both. 

The thing above was supposed to be posted last night then I never hit enter. <<<<<<<<MLG 

12 hours ago, YamiKaitou said:

How about we just disable voice all together and just use chat?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Again I don't think an entire removal is necessary. I think lots of problems could occur if mics are removed

5 hours ago, {Pseudostaff}ThatMLGDude said:

Again I don't think an entire removal is necessary. I think lots of problems could occur if mics are removed

Actually there are many problems with mics because of people who purposely come on the server to mic rape I dont see any problems at all with removing them because the only bad thing here is that people cannot quickly say KOS. Just get a suit zoom bind or ttt_radio_traitor bind which is quicker than the mic. 

6 hours ago, {Pseudostaff}ThatMLGDude said:

1. When you say remove skins entirely do you mean from the server completely or just for disguised players (Which is what I think should happen) I don't think there is a need to remove all skins. I think that technically the microphone kos is metagaming the way the rules are set up. I don't necessarily agree that it should be metagaming. I do think that both are a problem and I hope admins will be able to find a way to change both. 

I was meaning entirely but yes just on disguised players would work as well but I was looking at the kos off of skin rule in whole like if someone saw you through glass.

19 hours ago, Math2718 said:

But it kinda IS metagaming as you're using info from that game in the wrong way, like Karma.  Using the in-game info not for its intended use is the basis of metagaming.

Exactly and this is why all this stuff needs to be removed or fixed into a way where they can't metagame from it.

18 hours ago, YamiKaitou said:

How about we just disable voice all together and just use chat?

I like Yami's idea

Ouch 2 rep down

This is the TTT server in a nutshell.

But here is the thing.

The mic symbols are VERY useful. They show who is talking, so you can kinda see where they are.

Also, disguises are supposed to cover your appearance, not gag yer mouth. just don't speak when disguised.

On another TTT server I play on, which I will not tell the name of, as it is advertising. You have the ability to put an "effect" on you that changes your player model for a brief time. Sound familiar? TF2 for the idiots out there. 

Conclusion? not much change required, just don't talk and use T chat.

I know I am NOT in the position to say this, but, there is no reason to get mad on a Forum. 'tis a discussion not a Flyting. 

Edited by Witherrrer

This is your last warning regarding this topic going off topic (to all members that participated earlier). Keep it civil. If not, I will ban you on the forums, the servers, and anything else personally for an extensive period of time. 

No need to quote this, Just continue the conversation. Thank you.

(As this topic generally should be focusing on the title. I would suggest moving the debate.)

I generally believe that a temp skin should perhaps be on while the disguiser is on. One that could be perhaps an all black default skin.

I also believe that during this the mic icon should be turned completely off while the disguiser is on.

Thus. the person that is using the disguiser is more identifiable in the open yet it still disguises. The fact that it is black should increase what I would call stealth kills preventing the person to kos on you but when you can be seen by them they would almost immediately know of your presence and that you are a T and you would be shot on sight. ((It would be more effective in a stealth setting 1 on 1 with a player and preventing them to kos you but would be very easily identifiable if you see the person)i.e. behind house in map with lights you would basically be invisible to them unless their flashlight is on)

So a pro (mic symbol gone, all black stealth skin) and yet also a con (Easily identifiable as a T,Shot on sight)

another inclusion could also rather than a dissapeared mic icon you could perhaps be unable to speak with disguiser on.

what I mean is that there are two ways you can balance/buff this t weapon

1.no mic icon during disguiser w black skin that is stealth but is easily identifiable if you do see the person or 2. Gag during disguiser and no black skin (but default skin instead)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.