Sign in to follow this  
YamiKaitou

Forum Upgrades

During this week, we will be updating the forums to the latest software version. In doing this, some things will break and others will change location. This will be a multi-step process, so things will not be happening all at once. These upgrades will be done as we have time but they will be complete this week. You might encounter a Forums Offline message a few times, this just simply means that we are actively doing something and want the forums in a unchanged state until we are done.

Also, with this upgrade, a new Admin Application/Management system is in the future. Preparation for it will require a new way of linking your Forum Account with your Steam Account. Unfortunately, that script is not ready yet (hopefully will be this week as I have everything I need to complete it, just need to integrate it all together). So until this script is ready, you will not be able to link your Steam Account to your Forum Account. This will impact Admin Applications, so if you are considering applying in the near future, I'd suggest linking your accounts now. All existing links will be preserved and migrated to the new system.

During this process, if you encounter issues with the forums, please reach out to me on Discord.

Looks really nice. Is there any way we can get a dark theme mode and possibly that "Most Recent or Hottest" topics back that used to show up on the far right? I know I can filter by "unread content" but... 

Other than that I have nothing to complain about looks great and I prefer this layout.

I will be uploading our theme today (darker theme) and the tapatalk.  Their are some minor visual tweaks, similar to what you mentioned, along with block modules on the right side and below the content.  It will be a work in progress for a little while.  But the functionality on the front and back end is soooooo much nicer to deal with. 

Moderaters and above will notice how much nicer the functionality is on the forums for accomplishing simple tasks.

1 hour ago, bmann_420 said:

I will be uploading our theme today (darker theme) and the tapatalk.  Their are some minor visual tweaks, similar to what you mentioned, along with block modules on the right side and below the content.  It will be a work in progress for a little while.  But the functionality on the front and back end is soooooo much nicer to deal with. 

Moderaters and above will notice how much nicer the functionality is on the forums for accomplishing simple tasks.

Thank you dad

2 hours ago, Synestive said:

Looks really nice. Is there any way we can get a dark theme mode and possibly that "Most Recent or Hottest" topics back that used to show up on the far right? I know I can filter by "unread content" but... 

Other than that I have nothing to complain about looks great and I prefer this layout.

You can create your own Most Recent page using Activity Streams. Haven't seen a way for Hottest topics

Oh really?  Alright son, I dont care what you do, just dont eat tide pods or sniff condoms and were good.  

Besides that, always welcome to input on what might improve the forums.

So I'm guessing it is in the queue to work on, but when you go to the staff list on the forums it shows Moderators and everyone with the Garry's Mod Team is in it? At least from what I can tell on glance.  Is this just a simple situation of nobody really cares about it or not? Personally I always liked being able to see who was specifically in what ranks such as Global, Admin, Operator and so forth. Also just simply having the actual Forum Moderators separate from the rest of the staff?

Just an observation for the day

To anyone who is having issues receiving emails from us, please make sure you check your Spam/Junk folder. I just made some changes to the configuration that will hopefully resolve some of the issues. If you continue to encounter issues, please PM me on here or DM me on Discord

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.