Sign in to follow this  
Hydra

[Not so] New way to go about Reporting (in game); Staff please read

I will give a scenario and explain short and sweet how it should be handled vs how it's currently being handled.  Please let me know in the comment section if you think any differently or if you agree and why you have that opinion.

Color codes:  Person APerson BPerson C

Person A (Innocent) shoots person B (by accident or on purpose); person A is called out as a Traitor by person B (who can either be Innocent or a Traitor, but lets go with Innocent for this example).  Person C kills person B because person A was either ID'ed to be Innocent or person C knew prior to the KOS that person A was Innocent.

How it's being handled and encouraged to be handled by staff (which happens the majority of the time):  Person B reports person C for RDM.  Person C is slain for RDM because person B had a reason to KOS person A.

How it should be handled/what staff should be encouraging (which happens sometimes):  Person B reports person A for attempted RDM.  Person A is slain for attempting to RDM.

The main point I'm getting at with this is that Staff should be doing research into logs for each report and helping the guests to know exactly who should be reported.

Edited by Hydra

(if i reply w my opinion as you asked, will you feed me more than just tortillas tomorrow?)

This whole scenario makes me uncomfy tbh, cause if i were person B i wouldn't have killed A, let alone report anyone; if I were A, i would've just up and killed myself; if I were C i wouldn't have killed B cause i am ~a hesitant creature~

That said, if B really wanted someone slain, then yes, that would be the right way to go about it (slaying A, not C)

Tl:dr yes

Agree/Disagree. This can go both ways.

If Person B reports Person A for attempted RDM, then yes they will be slayed and all is well.

If Person B reports Person C for RDM, then yes they can be slain for RDM, as they should of placed a suspicion at the most. 

Who gets reported is primarily up to the player, (person b in this case) this type of situation can go both ways, as both Person A and Person C RDMed Person B

The first person to shoot is the one at fault for starting this chain of RDM's, so should they not take full responsibility for everything that follows their initial attempt at RDM'ing?  KOS'ing an innocent is deemed a traitorous act, therefore whoever kills someone for KOS'ing an innocent person is in the right (according to the established rules).  Sure, it's also deemed a traitorous act to randomly shoot someone, therefore person B does have the right to KOS person A, but there should not be two people reported/slain for it and in no case should person C be the only slain person in that situation.

^^^

i suppose if you know for a fact that person A shot person B, it would be rdm to kill person B.

If you dont know for a fact that A shot B though, and B killed A, i dont see why it would be rdm to kill B, as you cannot confirm or deny that the kos on A by B was valid. Otherwise, a T (B) could just run around saying that whomever shot them and then kill them (A), and it would just be a sus? Especially if the traitor (B) kills A before stating that they shot them, and A doesnt have a chance to say it was a false kos and kos B.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.