Super Central Forums
Oreos

Oreos Unban Appeal

STEAM_0:0:73473799

Oreos

Shiro

Week

Metagaming

I had no idea what metagaming was until this happened but I was messaging in admin chat when I dead and my body wasnt found but what I didnt know was that it showed myself as dead I wasnt given a warning but they cleared it up(duckyy) and then the next map comes a few rounds later I have not done any metagaming at all since then and all of a sudden I was banned but they banned me way after they told me what it was

TTT Minecraft

Mythic forgot rest name but it was basically that 

No evidence sorry I didnt know I was going to be banned

Edited by Oreos

I banned you because Music informed me that you constantly meta-game while you're missing in action and letting any other staff know you're dead. He informed me that it was not the first time you were warned nor kicked. I went to ask Math to ask if it's okay to give you another chance or just ban you right off the bat, because meta-gaming is actually a ban. You weren't supposed to be warned or kicked for it because the explanation of what meta-gaming is on the rules. I have typed in regular chat that I was getting a verdict from an Operator to make sure if I should give you a chance. You aren't a new player anymore. You knew what Ghosting is, but you somehow don't know what meta-gaming was. Which is quite odd since Meta-gaming and Ghosting is pretty much the same thing. The only difference is the way of getting information of whether or whether not the players are dead or alive, who the traitors are, how many players are alive, and so forth. 

If you have not read the rules for this long, I'd suggest you read the rules first before you assume we're abusing you. Everything is on the MOTD, and if you ever had questions, the first thing you should've done was to ask. You never ask anything about any rule that you were confused about. I will leave the decision up to the admins.

Edited by Shiro

I can't ban for any longer than 60 minutes, and I don't usually take it into my own hands to lay a ban on a regular, let alone a VIP.  You were banned this time because over the course of the past couple of weeks, you had meta-gamed by typing unnecessary messages to admin chat while MIA, which lets me know that you're dead because your name is highlighted in yellow and not green.  I'd given you at least 3 separate warnings to not type in admin chat while MIA, and kicked you for it once or twice before today because you continued to do it after the warnings.  You were given more than enough opportunities to stop before the ban was placed, and it's only a week.  In general, admin chat is supposed to be used by non-staff only when something needs to be brought to our attention, not to comment on something or send random messages to us.  I even asked you prior to you using the admin chat to meta-game today to stop using admin chat for casual conversation, as you would have been just as able to communicate those messages to me with regular chat.  The majority of your messages to me in admin chat consist of saying that I abuse my powers when the majority of the powers I've used on you are warnings to stop doing one thing or another because it's against the rules.  That's my bit to add.

I can't ban for any longer than 60 minutes, and I don't usually take it into my own hands to lay a ban on a regular, let alone a VIP.  You were banned this time because over the course of the past couple of weeks, you had meta-gamed by typing unnecessary messages to admin chat while MIA, which lets me know that you're dead because your name is highlighted in yellow and not green.  I'd given you at least 3 separate warnings to not type in admin chat while MIA, and kicked you for it once or twice before today because you continued to do it after the warnings.  You were given more than enough opportunities to stop before the ban was placed, and it's only a week.  In general, admin chat is supposed to be used by non-staff only when something needs to be brought to our attention, not to comment on something or send random messages to us.  I even asked you prior to you using the admin chat to meta-game today to stop using admin chat for casual conversation, as you would have been just as able to communicate those messages to me with regular chat.  The majority of your messages to me in admin chat consist of saying that I abuse my powers when the majority of the powers I've used on you are warnings to stop doing one thing or another because it's against the rules.  That's my bit to add.

I banned you because Music informed me that you constantly meta-game while you're missing in action and letting any other staff know you're dead. He informed me that it was not the first time you were warned nor kicked. I went to ask Math to ask if it's okay to give you another chance or just ban you right off the bat, because meta-gaming is actually a ban. You weren't supposed to be warned or kicked for it because the explanation of what meta-gaming is on the rules. I have typed in regular chat that I was getting a verdict from an Operator to make sure if I should give you a chance. You aren't a new player anymore. You knew what Ghosting is, but you somehow don't know what meta-gaming was. Which is quite odd since Meta-gaming and Ghosting is pretty much the same thing. The only difference is the way of getting information of whether or whether not the players are dead or alive, who the traitors are, how many players are alive, and so forth. 

If you have not read the rules for this long, I'd suggest you read the rules first before you assume we're abusing you. Everything is on the MOTD, and if you ever had questions, the first thing you should've done was to ask. You never ask anything about any rule that you were confused about. I will leave the decision up to the admins.

Sorry music for saying that I had no idea who banned me because in that it never said who banned

When I had been warned for metagaming I had always asked what it was and they never told me that talking in admin chat when MIA is metagaming because I just didn't know it showed me as dead. When it got explained to me I was good but the other times I was "warned" someone should have told me that doing that is wrong instead of just blatantly warning me for metagaming. I never did it after I knew what it was. I asked other admins multiple times what I was doing wrong but you guys don't tell me

Also music when you warned me you should have told me what I was doing wrong you say you told me to stop using admin chat but thats it I had no idea it was metagaming.

By the way bans should say how long I am banned but because it said just banned it made me assume it was perm it should say 1 week instead. 

Edited by Oreos

As I said in the server before I banned you...

You donated to the server, you should at least know the rules because you paid and supported the servers with your parents money. If no one responds to you what a rule is, there's this thing called searching. I mean, when I first joined a game that involved meta-gaming or ghosting, I went to search it because everything is online. Searching for answers is way faster than asking. The thing is that according to music it was your first time asking what meta-gaming was last night. He said you never asked what it was previously.

As I said in the server before I banned you...

You donated to the server, you should at least know the rules because you paid and supported the servers with your parents money. If no one responds to you what a rule is, there's this thing called searching. I mean, when I first joined a game that involved meta-gaming or ghosting, I went to search it because everything is online. Searching for answers is way faster than asking. The thing is that according to music it was your first time asking what meta-gaming was last night. He said you never asked what it was previously.

Maybe instead of not caring you should actually care more and tell us what we are doing wrong then the server wouldnt be going to shit. sorry for the truth but this server use to be better also it wasnt my parents money. You dont have to be so negative and just tell us stuff when we are wrong. I dont learn anything from a punishment if I do not know what I am being punished for then I might accidentally do it again. This is exactly what happened when duckyy finally explained it to me I knew not to do it again yet I was still banned.

I want to clarify some things:

• The server is dying is not because of the rules at all. If you think our server is shit because we don't explain the rules to you, go check out these other servers who has very vague rules but yet their server is the top servers or populated servers. 
  • The server is also dying because people are moving on. They don't get paid to play a game, especially a game that earns no income from except from people possibly donating/supporting with their money from work or parents.
  • The reason why I assume you used your own parents money is because in my opinion, someone who plays on the server at least 5-6 hours a day seems more than enough to get paid from work. Not only that, I don't have a problem with people donating to help the server, but you have to at least know the rules. You donated your money to support a server so in any sense, you should at least know the rules.
  • Another thing is if no one previously gave you any answer, you can always search for it, or come on the forums or even come into the group discord and ask. But you constantly go to taco for every little thing. You constantly asked taco for help, yes he's the owner. But there's a step-ladder-of-commands of who you should've talked to. 

Maybe instead of not caring you should actually care more and tell us what we are doing wrong then the server wouldnt be going to shit. sorry for the truth but this server use to be better also it wasnt my parents money. You dont have to be so negative and just tell us stuff when we are wrong. I dont learn anything from a punishment if I do not know what I am being punished for then I might accidentally do it again. This is exactly what happened when duckyy finally explained it to me I knew not to do it again yet I was still banned.

Oreos, one of the major major issues here is that staff have regularly responded to your clarifications on rules and whatnot.  We have consistently addressed the terms of metagaming and encouraged people to look into the definitions stated in the MOTD.  You as a VIP, as well, are even more obligated to abide by and know the rules considering you are a person who has obtained a (paid) rank on our server, and in a unconscious sense are someone that can be looked toward/up to by incoming and new players. 

In the end, Oreos, you've had multiple chances given by staff (I myself have reminded you multiple times and clarified rules for you) and more than enough time to grasp what metagaming is and what it entails.  I'm not going to unban, and I am not going to encourage unbanning you to any of the staff.

After a week is done, you can come back and enjoy the server like you used to; hopefully you will do so to better yourself and realize your past errors.

Best,

M

So what you are saying is that you will not tell someone the rules but instead just go ahead and ban them? If people don't know the rules why would they get punished? I finally knew that rule after but get banned? You warn me for things that I ask what they are but don't tell me when I don't have the time to look all that up. I just want to play the game like everyone else and everyone knows that. You guys have been wanting to ban me for a while, i've seen people break rules yet not get punished. You pay extra attention to me heh just looking for a reason to ban.

I just want to play and that is why I made this appeal I wrote this at school so I cannot respond for a few hours. All I want is to get unbanned

So what you are saying is that you will not tell someone the rules but instead just go ahead and ban them? If people don't know the rules why would they get punished? I finally knew that rule after but get banned? You warn me for things that I ask what they are but don't tell me when I don't have the time to look all that up. I just want to play the game like everyone else and everyone knows that. You guys have been wanting to ban me for a while, i've seen people break rules yet not get punished. You pay extra attention to me heh just looking for a reason to ban.

I just want to play and that is why I made this appeal I wrote this at school so I cannot respond for a few hours. All I want is to get unbanned

Is it really my job to keep asking you to read the rules when it pops in front of your screen when you join the server? It is your responsibility to read the rules and guidelines. This isn't grade school where I have to teach you how to write ABCs. Not all players get punished accordingly, if it's a new player, we only warn them at most. If it's a regular player, such as yourself, we don't. At least most of us just skip the warnings and go straight to the next offense punishment. Apparently, both Micah, Music, and DerpMusic have told you about that rule multiple times, and I'm the next person that told you about that rule. How is it that you know what Ghosting means but yet you don't know what Meta-gaming means when they're under the same rule category? And yes, they have always been telling you to either read the rules and some other people have explain to you when they're not a staff member. But it is not their fault if you don't pay attention. Yes, most people know you want to have fun. But in order to have fun, there's always boundaries between having fun and breaking the rules. Every game and even in real life there are rules placed down. Now you're just assuming things. Sure some people hate you but they don't hate you enough to ban you. They hate or dislike you as a player. Heck, I have tons of people who hate Music and I. We're the cancerous people on the staff team but in a good way just bit blunt and bitchy. If you seen players who do not get punished, then tell us on Discord or the forums. Not complain to Taco though, Taco is already too busy at this time. Also if a player isn't getting punish, there's multiple options, some are more lenient on the punishment. So they usually just private message them to stop. A few of us actually uses the warning whether verbally or literally. And then there's the bitchy ones like myself, who skips those warnings because I think that's stupid especially if you're a regular on the server. Are you sure about that? Not every VIP we pay attention to. We pay attention to those who break the rules. You donated to support the server, not break it nor ruin the fun for others. We asked you multiple times to not use your powers and you continue to do it. You used your powers way more than when Music was VIP or any other VIPs are occasionally uses their powers while a staff is online. That is why we always keep an eye on those who donate to think that they're special to just ignore the rules. No. Everyone has to follow the rules in order for the game to be fair and fun. I don't know, personally if you're in school, it would be best to respond later. There's no rush in things, it's not like you're permanent ban. It's only a week ban, and during those week ban there's tons of things you can do. You can get on Teamspeak or Discord to talk to us if you're bored. Watch television or movies. Play sports or other games. Communicate with your family or friends. There's so many things you can do in a week. Especially since you attend school, that's like about 7 hours already taken from you. Do some homework and study.

Edited by Shiro

Lol first of all now my eyes hurt xd

Now this ban was never about the VIP so I don't have any idea why you brought it up seriously? I was just saying that you guys didn't hate me as much before I got VIP because before I got VIP the server was fun. I could go into depth but i'm not that was a totally different appeal. You also say I talk to taco or complain to him to much but there is literally one simple reason for that, he is the only one who gives a shit and doesn't blow stuff off. Like seriously if I go to other admins they really do not care especially as much as taco. I try not to break the rules but only the ones that are actually clear and I know. You say admins have told me what it means multiple times that is just bullshit and no definition tells me that it shows me dead in admin chat. That rule is simply something that has to be told because how the hell do I know what they can see on their screens? Next time tell me that you see me as dead (Music). I've read the rules but don't know the ones that aren't written. It never says in the MOTD that "If you are MIA you cannot speak in admin chat." If it does that is my fault I never saw it but I look at the MOTD every time I get on. Also you said if it is a regular like me you skip the warnings but what if we just dont know what that is? I knew what metagaming is only after you guys told me. Lmfao Music once perma IP banned me for "Avoiding Slays and Bans With Multiple Accounts" but he couldn't prove it he just seriously banned me because he wanted to but I never avoided anything. He unbanned me literally after he realized he couldn't do that. The times he rdms me with random sus on the game (sus for nothing) just to ruin my fun. Music is the only one I can say that actually hates me. He even lied to Dolph once to get me kicked. Its all the bs he does to me that's why I said "some hate me." Your right not every VIP you pay attention to because the other day Tails !gag * the whole server then !ungag * the whole server with maybe like 3 admins on. They never warned him until I pointed it out and complained. Thats right in there with your "Everyone has to follow the rules." Dont say you and Music are cancerous because to be completely honest you 2 are some of the best admins. That last part kind of pisses me off but you tell me I can do all those things and I do. What do you think i'm doing with all the time I am not on here. I am usually on my computer near the night not usually during the day a lot. Right now I am because I just want to get unbanned. What your saying is that I should spend some time off the computer and do more activities. Lemme call this one "Life Choices With Shiro"

Lmfao btw it is not your problem to tell me to do my homework and study my GPA is just fine sitting at a 1.2 heh...

My GPA is actually 3.8 that was a joke.

I bought up VIP up because is one thing about you and that is also another reason why we mostly pay attention to you. I still don't care on my opinion if you still don't know the rules as I said previously everything is online. Heck, I didn't even know what FearRp was in the not for RP server and I had to search it up. You have a computer and internet. You can search how to play a server, what are the basic rules and how to search up a word. Music has no power to even IP ban you not unban you at all. When the whole server gets gagged by a trial, if multiple people are just mic spamming without a care in the world, and I'm sure they at least warned the server in a different round. Gagging the whole server is allowed if you are doing it for the good. Some trial may have accidentally do that because you can bind it to a key so when they accidentally pressed that button, it'll gag everyone. You can bind commands. I am only giving you an option to choose what you can do on your free time while you're banned. It was in any way to offend you. It was an option.

I am sorry if my life choices does not go your way. But my life choices is mine only. If you hate my opinion,then the best you could have done is accept it and move on. If you don't agree it, that's on you.

But to end it all, your appeal was denied simple as it can get.

Edited by Shiro

Why was my appeal denied? I didn't know the rule and yet I was banned. Give me a real reason why it was even denied because there was no reason not to. Music got someone to IP ban me that is what I meant to say. You don't have to crucify me for everything I say. I get treated unfairly because i'm a VIP but I don't give a shit I don't think i'm special in any way. The only thing I want to do is play without Music fucking it up. I don't want to get banned for a rule YOU ADMINS are supposed to explain. Just because your lazy asses cannot tell me a single sentence on what is wrong IT DOES NOT MAKE IT MY FAULT. It is an admins job to tell me what I am doing wrong so I CAN FIX IT and that is what I did when it got explained I STOPPED, which means I was not disrupting anymore. I did not do ANY metagaming after I knew my fault but Music as always wanting to get me banned. There was no actual reason said why you "denied" my appeal. As I said you guys being to lazy to deal with you own faults too. I fixed the mistake I made so that makes me get banned? If fixing my mistake gets me banned it is just complete bullshit. I called you guys out what are you gonna do ban me for longer I guess. Thanks for taking up my time.

Why was my appeal denied? I didn't know the rule and yet I was banned. Give me a real reason why it was even denied because there was no reason not to. Music got someone to IP ban me that is what I meant to say. You don't have to crucify me for everything I say. I get treated unfairly because i'm a VIP but I don't give a shit I don't think i'm special in any way. The only thing I want to do is play without Music fucking it up. I don't want to get banned for a rule YOU ADMINS are supposed to explain. Just because your lazy asses cannot tell me a single sentence on what is wrong IT DOES NOT MAKE IT MY FAULT. It is an admins job to tell me what I am doing wrong so I CAN FIX IT and that is what I did when it got explained I STOPPED, which means I was not disrupting anymore. I did not do ANY metagaming after I knew my fault but Music as always wanting to get me banned. There was no actual reason said why you "denied" my appeal. As I said you guys being to lazy to deal with you own faults too. I fixed the mistake I made so that makes me get banned? If fixing my mistake gets me banned it is just complete bullshit. I called you guys out what are you gonna do ban me for longer I guess. Thanks for taking up my time.

Oreos, one of the major major issues here is that staff have regularly responded to your clarifications on rules and whatnot.  We have consistently addressed the terms of metagaming and encouraged people to look into the definitions stated in the MOTD.  You as a VIP, as well, are even more obligated to abide by and know the rules considering you are a person who has obtained a (paid) rank on our server, and in a unconscious sense are someone that can be looked toward/up to by incoming and new players. 

In the end, Oreos, you've had multiple chances given by staff (I myself have reminded you multiple times and clarified rules for you) and more than enough time to grasp what metagaming is and what it entails.  I'm not going to unban, and I am not going to encourage unbanning you to any of the staff.

After a week is done, you can come back and enjoy the server like you used to; hopefully you will do so to better yourself and realize your past errors.

Best,

M

You're just going to have to live up to your ban. I was planning to speak to a few administrators, and possibly lift your ban but your reasoning is just child's play. You've been warned, countless times. For someone who plays a lot of Garrys Mod TTT, I am surprised you don't know what metagaming is, but regardless you have been given countless warnings, and you bringing up personal issues regarding the server as well as vendetta against staff really does not work in your favor.

I agree that the new rule regarding the dead chat was not mentioned directly on the rules page, but you have been warned in game (which I have personally seen as well). Oreo you're free to respond, as to everyone else, the decision has been made, no further comments are necessary.

Levin, nobody was ever clear on that. I never knew the rule that I couldn't speak in chat when I was dead that was never mentioned by anyone. If you guys do not mention it to anyone how are they supposed to follow it? You cannot make rules that only certain people know then we do not know if it is wrong. Just blindly warning me for speaking in admin chat but not telling me why I was warned. I always had no idea what I was being warned for just for speaking in admin chat? It makes no sense to tell me a rule when it is not written in the motd. People read the motd not your minds, my ban was because I didn't read your guys mind and exactly know the rule. You need to put all these things in your head into the motd and not ban people for it not being in there. Thanks for not updating the motd and putting it in there. As I said its your guys fault for not telling anyone these rules especially in the rules that everyone is told to read. If you tell me to read the motd it is just stupid because you said yourself it is not in there. I was told one of my other friends was banned for the same reason. Bottom line put this rule in the motd otherwise people will not know it.

No there was no first that was perm and this is not my second time getting banned for metagaming. If it was a perma ban than I was not told because up there they clearly say it is only a week. Ima go to sleep, whatever you recalled is wrong.

Edited by Oreos

You got perma banned before and your rank stripped after massively command abusing, later you goth your rank back and unbanned.

I never said anything about metagaming, dont assume.

Edited by Dodger

I don't understand why you blame me for all of the punishments you get.  It's evident that you have something against me, or else you wouldn't be blaming me for every little thing.  I never banned you, ever.  End of story.  Nor did I ban any alt accounts that you had.  Those were all other people.  On an unrelated note, saying that me and duckyy and the rest of staff "don't give a shit" then turning around and saying (in the exact same post) "Dont say you and Music are cancerous because to be completely honest you 2 are some of the best admins." really boggles my mind.  Another thing, you say that you follow all of the clearly stated rules, yet you spam binds and other nonsense in chat.  Tails was talked to outside of TTT when that incident happened with the !gag *; just because you don't know if something is happening doesn't mean it absolutely isn't.  Also, I wasn't even in the loop that you'd been banned at that point, so no, I did not ask anyone to ban your second account (typing this as I read the slew of comments on this thread).  The thing you keep saying (on TTT and now here) about me sus'ing you for no reason is just you not understanding my reasoning and logic.  I sometimes use minute amounts of evidence (that are sufficient and valid nonetheless) such as you being AFK in the open and not being killed [iN PLAIN SIGHT], which gives me reasoning to kill you in OT (which is when you happen to come back).  Whether or not you can understand why I 'sus' you is irrelevant.  It's how I play the game and it breaks no rules.  Regardless, I ALWAYS have valid reasons for placing 'sus' on someone; the maps are small and it's easy to keep track of everything that's going on.

That is all.

Levin, nobody was ever clear on that. I never knew the rule that I couldn't speak in chat when I was dead that was never mentioned by anyone. If you guys do not mention it to anyone how are they supposed to follow it? You cannot make rules that only certain people know then we do not know if it is wrong. Just blindly warning me for speaking in admin chat but not telling me why I was warned. I always had no idea what I was being warned for just for speaking in admin chat? It makes no sense to tell me a rule when it is not written in the motd. People read the motd not your minds, my ban was because I didn't read your guys mind and exactly know the rule. You need to put all these things in your head into the motd and not ban people for it not being in there. Thanks for not updating the motd and putting it in there. As I said its your guys fault for not telling anyone these rules especially in the rules that everyone is told to read. If you tell me to read the motd it is just stupid because you said yourself it is not in there. I was told one of my other friends was banned for the same reason. Bottom line put this rule in the motd otherwise people will not know it.

Once again, I have agreed that it was not mentioned on the MOTD, but you were warned multiple times on the server. I was on the server where you were warned as well. (I have an alt to monitor members, staff, and players on the server). Its your fault for not listening. You didn't listen, you're paying the consequences.

Punished for a rule nobody knows about because it is not in the rules? To me that just makes no sense just stop. Put it in the motd so people actually know you cannot do this. That also brings me AGAIN to why am I being warned you said you were on the server when it happened sometimes but you should know then ive asked what I was being warned for and all they say is metagaming. Just tell me what i'm doing and I will stop. Which is exactly what happened but then I get banned?

Music I just hate how you do random stuff to me all the time and have gotten me kicked falsely multiple times (not talking about metagaming)

I just spend a bit of time looking through some logs and I'm actually surprised you haven't been banned before based on some of your comments (or maybe most staff are more lenient that I would have been). I'm tired of hearing you complain in this thread about rules that you supposedly did not now. If there is a rule listed that you do not understand, ASK OR GOOGLE about it. We are not here to babysit you with rule explanations. If you want further explanation about some of the rules, post on the forums or Discord. With the amount of time you have been on the servers, not knowing what a rule means is not an excuse.

I think enough has been said in this thread, your ban stays. Spend this time reading up on the rules and what they mean. Learn to be more respectful to staff and other players.

243385932949094400.png?v=1