Climate warfare false permanent ban for "aimbot"

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:208761381

In Game Name: Climate warfare

Admin that banned you: Redfire

Server: Gmod TTT

Length of Ban: Permanent 

Why were you banned?: "aimbot"

Why should we consider unbanning you?

One of the young children on the server thought I was "hacking" because I got a measly 2-3 kills on one of my traitor rounds about 30 minutes ago. I then noticed MLG, DolphWin and then hashisaki join on this witch hunt against me, I thought they were just joking around. 

I proceeded to play as I usually do for almost 2 maps, and all of a sudden was banned for "aimbot" by Redfire, without any explanation.

I'm appealing this because most of the people in the community are fun to play with, and this seems like it was a mistake, or lapse in judgement. I've never been the type to use "hacks", so please provide me with the corresponding "evidence" as I know there isn't any. This just doesn't seem right.

Edited by climatewarfare

Hello I’m sorry you feel that way but on the first round you joined and got T you did not kill one or two people. You proceeded to massacre 11 people on the server. I then started watching you and after that you never displayed that level of competence again. During that round you made some impossible shots that are really hard to pull off and they would end up being headshots. You finally messed up and did it again when I saw you gun down lance with a single shot from across the map. The way you flicked perfectly to him when you weren’t even looking in his direction was very impressive. If you weren’t using hacks then you must have a third sense for where the t was when you would flick from looking directly away from him to his chest somehow. The way you flicked to him was too fast. It was blatantly obvious and I’m sorry you want to argue and pretend that you did not aimbot. When you played with me earlier on you also did not display that level of competence. Other people to note of your actions include hashi, momma weaboo, lance, and even Michiru for the first time when you came on the server and get kicked for multiple random damage hits to people each round

Hello I’m sorry you feel that way but on the first round you joined and got T you did not kill one or two people. You proceeded to massacre 11 people on the server. I then started watching you and after that you never displayed that level of competence again. During that round you made some impossible shots that are really hard to pull off and they would end up being headshots. You finally messed up and did it again when I saw you gun down lance with a single shot from across the map. The way you flicked perfectly to him when you weren’t even looking in his direction was very impressive. If you weren’t using hacks then you must have a third sense for where the t was when you would flick from looking directly away from him to his chest somehow. The way you flicked to him was too fast. It was blatantly obvious and I’m sorry you want to argue and pretend that you did not aimbot. When you played with me earlier on you also did not display that level of competence. Other people to note of your actions include hashi, momma weaboo, lance, and even Michiru for the first time when you came on the server and get kicked for multiple random damage hits to people each round

11 people? Now this is just plain exaggeration. I know for a fact I didn't kill more than 2-3 people. I then proceeded to be innocent for quite a while so not sure what you mean by "competence", why would I kill people on my innocent rounds?

The other scenario, I was walking down the middle of the map near the end of the round, heard loud gunshots, and saw Txc Lance escaping from the crime scene when I looked to my left.

The only thing that is blatantly obvious is your participation in this witchhunt along with a couple others. Really disgraceful. 

Edited by climatewarfare

1st YOU knew who was T the second the round started. (the proof is you followed people only that are Ts) and there was 4-5 people that confirmed that.

2nd Your sudden head movements when you click your mouse that points to a player. i personally witnessed it when i was hiding way above you and you twitched to look at me and crowbar-ed the air

3rd Red spectated you and proved/analyzed that you were indeed cheating 

4th ''measly kills'' isn't why you were banned. its you knowing who the T was and hitting all your shots not even missing any on the Traitors.

5th calling people young children doesn't make you look smarter/wiser. they're literally TEENS - EARLY 20s 

I got a few messages and notifications from others that was an aimbotter on so of course I came on and they informed me it was you. Of course I didn't know if it was true or not so Dolphwin and I kept an eye on you. At some point in the rounds from what I saw was unusual reflexes of you shooting, which did look like aimbot. Therefore I put the banhammer, me and Dolphwin did agree that it was aimbot since I wanted another eye's view. 

I got a few messages and notifications from others that was an aimbotter on so of course I came on and they informed me it was you. Of course I didn't know if it was true or not so Dolphwin and I kept an eye on you. At some point in the rounds from what I saw was unusual reflexes of you shooting, which did look like aimbot. Therefore I put the banhammer, me and Dolphwin did agree that it was aimbot since I wanted another eye's view. 

About 30 seconds before I was banned, I remember I was messing around and shooting some of the props / the sky. How is that aimbot? That's just ridiculous.

No you killed more than 2-3 people for sure. You wiped out almost the whole server singlehandedly yourself on your t round when you first joined us and only died to the last guy alive since he was lucky to position himself in a spot that allowed him to get the angle on you that would be impossible for you even using aimbot to have hit. Furthermore when you noticed a staff member was on you started allowing people to shoot you and you wouldn’t retaliate and shoot them back. Why is that? I finally caught you doing it again when you killed lance from halfway across the map when you weren’t even looking at him in the first place and somehow perfectly flicked onto him and killed him in one shot. If that is not aimbot then you must have the luck of the gods to hit something like that perfectly

climate, from my perspective it was pretty obvious that you have aimbot, you were able to constantly fallow a persons movement with your gun perfectly, and like lance was saying how you were fallowing people, and then killing people whenever they were a t. so could u please not try to lie about it. have a nice day

Logs claim you killed more than 3 people. This is not a complete list, I only went through the last 3 maps

L 02/15/2018 - 13:21:34: 00:20.85 - KILL:  Climate warfare [traitor] killed hashisaki (ヒロキ) [innocent]
L 02/15/2018 - 13:21:51: 00:37.92 - KILL:  Climate warfare [traitor] killed slump [detective]
L 02/15/2018 - 13:22:35: 01:22.03 - KILL:  Climate warfare [traitor] killed Oreos [innocent]
L 02/15/2018 - 13:22:45: 01:32.17 - KILL:  Climate warfare [traitor] killed Txc Lance [innocent]
L 02/15/2018 - 13:30:34: 05:35.92 - KILL:  Climate warfare [innocent] killed slump [traitor]
L 02/15/2018 - 13:44:55: 03:02.00 - KILL:  Climate warfare [innocent] killed Txc Lance [traitor]

I watched him for a few rounds before and after he was accused of aimbotting. In my experience playing TTT its pretty clear to me that he was not using any type of aimbot. I was a mod on a TTT server for over a year and i've seen real aimbots, this does not resemble those at all. What gives aimbots away are that they target a specifc part of the body, usually the head, or other times center mass. Aimbots track the target, he did not track anyone. His shots where all over the place and many missed. I really can't even say that his aim made him suspicious. 

In the round that he killed several people which made other suspicious he did not kill 11, I was his T buddy and we may have gotten 11 total, but he did not have 11 on his own. We didn't even win that round.

The only thing that has any credibility is that he was able to guess who the T was a couple times a in a row. People reported that he would follow them around for a while when they were T's. This sounds fishy but he did the same to me and a bunch of other players while they were innocent. I have never heard of or seen of a hack that reveals who the T is, and it was pretty obvious he was not meta gaming. I believe that he just got lucky.

People also reported that while he was traitor that he would shoot people right as they turned a corner or when they were hiding. I feel like this can be pretty easily explained by either a T radar or just listening for footsteps.

From what I've seen there is really not enough to conclude that he was using any sort of hacking. There was not really anything to suggest he was hacking in the first place. The people that reported him were also starting to feel like the rules would protect them from being killed for being a T, there were several cases prior to this where people would do something blatantly traitorous and then try to argue that they were killed by rdm. If anything people were probably just looking for a scapegoat.

Edited by Comrade Nick

If someone involved could provide visual evidence (video/recording), it would make this process a bit easier so it isn't based on hearsay.

Aside from that, can we not resort to claiming people are lying or calling actions "ridiculous?" Either way, these ban appeals should be handled in a manner that is respectful and non-confrontational (from both the person appealing and those defending the ban).

I was also on the server before Redfire, and i was getting complaints from multiple people that he was aimbotting. I spectated him for a small amount of time, and he did get a very unreasonable flick headshot kill. I noticed as soon as i spectated him he suddenly got lets say, the aim of a player with 0.3 hours on gmod. I did watchlist the player because I did think he was aimbotting, but i wasnt completely sure.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:208761381

In Game Name: Climate warfare

Admin that banned you: Redfire

Server: Gmod TTT

Length of Ban: Permanent 

Why were you banned?: "aimbot"

Why should we consider unbanning you?

One of the young children on the server thought I was "hacking" because I got a measly 2-3 kills on one of my traitor rounds about 30 minutes ago. I then noticed MLG, DolphWin and then hashisaki join on this witch hunt against me, I thought they were just joking around. 

I proceeded to play as I usually do for almost 2 maps, and all of a sudden was banned for "aimbot" by Redfire, without any explanation.

I'm appealing this because most of the people in the community are fun to play with, and this seems like it was a mistake, or lapse in judgement. I've never been the type to use "hacks", so please provide me with the corresponding "evidence" as I know there isn't any. This just doesn't seem right.

And also, on certain Traitor rounds, you were getting fairly consistent headshots, which was a little suspicious, because as stated before as soon as i begun to spectate you, your aim was just terrible.

Edited by SpicySalsa

If someone involved could provide visual evidence (video/recording), it would make this process a bit easier so it isn't based on hearsay.

Aside from that, can we not resort to claiming people are lying or calling actions "ridiculous?" Either way, these ban appeals should be handled in a manner that is respectful and non-confrontational (from both the person appealing and those defending the ban).

So what is the status on this appeal? I still can't seem to find any evidence.

Seems based on hearsay to me.

This player has been banned yet again (as of last night) because as stated in earlier comments on this thread, Climate warfare exhibited unrealistic skill as a Traitor that he seemed nowhere near capable of as an innocent, headshotting 9 people one round and 7 on another, and barely being able to make consistent body shots as an innocent.  I have saved logs and multiple staff members had spectated the accused with me, one of them being Redfire1205.  It's not easily-seen aimbot, but rather the kind of hack that curves bullets to hit the target.

Now here we go again...

Did you guys took recordings?

This player has been banned yet again (as of last night) because as stated in earlier comments on this thread, Climate warfare exhibited unrealistic skill as a Traitor that he seemed nowhere near capable of as an innocent, headshotting 9 people one round and 7 on another, and barely being able to make consistent body shots as an innocent.  I have saved logs and multiple staff members had spectated the accused with me, one of them being Redfire1205.  It's not easily-seen aimbot, but rather the kind of hack that curves bullets to hit the target.

Without a recording, he's free to play on the server until someone has the time to demo it. Otherwise, the ban is not legit from here on out. Staff and members who accuse others of cheating MUST provide a demo/video

I didn't say that it wasn't recorded.  I would have no way of knowing what others did while spectating him, so I'm not the person to consult for recordings.

As Levin stated, it's been discussed that you guys must provide proof of these hacks you've seen. Without proof, it'll be hard to back up your "claims".

If you recorded using gmod demos, they're located in the steamapps > common > garrysmod > garrysmod > demos

You can upload them in like a mediafire or drive of some sort and, the person will need to download the file and drag it into their demo folder.

Then they go on garry's mod and open console, then type playdemo filename

Edited by Shiro

there where extreme inconsistency between his t rounds and his inno rounds and enough people where fairly certain that this person was aimbotting that i banned him

Once again, if there is no demo supporting this, the ban is invalid. So you can unban him until its done. This should be enforced on all our servers and will be in writing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.