Sign in to follow this  
Sladverr

Some Rules aren't Written on Paper

There seems to be some rules that aren't set in stone, and as a result, you get people arguing mid-game over which iteration of the rule is valid.

The biggest culprit here is killing someone when you know they activated a T-trap. Plenty of times I'll pretend to walk towards one just to bait nearby traitors into triggering it. When there's only a single person nearby and I do this, it can seem to be quite obvious who activated the trap. However, since trap-triggering isn't in the logs, the person that activated the trap can just say they didn't do it, and then all of a sudden it's a case about RDM. 
Some people say you can't KOS on trap-triggering. Other people say you can if you know for sure they did it. 

Which is correct? I baited someone, killed them, they were a T, yet they deny it. 

Sorry, but this is just a huge grey area and I feel like it should be addressed. 

Other rules are map specific. Example, there is a map that has a map-wide light switch. Some people say you can KOS when someone turns the lights off. Taco came onto the server last week and said it was not KOSable. This should be written somewhere so there's no conflict anymore.

Thanks, guys. See you in-game

I believe their was a thread in the last few month about this exact thing. Their was quite a few enlightening 'common sense' type of regulatory rules that are usually implied.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

although i see how the whole use "common sense" thing applies, i agree with slade about how controversial the t trap rules are they are so unpredictable and yet there are some who would wish to predict them. my suggestion would be that koses would not be permited but instead you may call suspicion on the person that way your point still gets across without people arguing about why they thought someone activate a trap when they did.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             thank you -Fred

Edited by fredthebeast5