Super Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
IXION

Ixion Photoshop

I like the bottom one :)

Alot of tutorials tell you about how to add borders, make a new layer, Ctrl + A, Edit -- Stroke etc etc, but i often find that the regular borders don't do the signature justice, so i'll tell you how I make my own borders (No tutorial i've seen over the past few months tells you this (they tell you the basics but i add in one extra touch to make it sexy)), I found this out awhile back through experimenting, so hope it helps you...

When you've finished your signature and you're ready to add your Text and Border, create a new layer, ctrl + a to select the whole thing, then go to Edit -- Stroke, set it to 3 PX, click 'Inside' and chose the colour BLACK, then click OK.

Now you may be thinking the border looks ugly right now, depending on your signature style it could go well or do bad, but the trick is (that i use), is that on the border layer, set it to 'Overlay' or 'Soft Light' and it'll blend in and use the colours of the signature, looks quite sexy indeed :)

You can also do that with text, set it to Overlay/Soft Light and it should give you some lovely colour blending on the text.

Hope that helps you, but keep them coming, i know you can get much better :D

Edited by Bandai.UK

first, kudos for making that sig My Bloody Valentine; one of my all time favorite movies :D haha.

Secondly, I love the effects you show; making him stand out from the background and then having the bottom cut off so the pickax over hangs it is a very nice effect.

All in all, I'd say a very good sig :)

Just so everyone knows, My Bloody Valentine was probably better without 3D. The 3D effects were used in the same ways a billion times. (i.e., weapons coming at the audience)

But yeah, I think I'm going to have to get into this just so I don't feel left out :P

first, kudos for making that sig My Bloody Valentine; one of my all time favorite movies :D haha.

Secondly, I love the effects you show; making him stand out from the background and then having the bottom cut off so the pickax over hangs it is a very nice effect.

All in all, I'd say a very good sig :)

I'll shit on you.