• Announcements

• YamiKaitou

Login Methods   04/08/2018

For the time being, Facebook and Steam login has been disabled. Please log in with your username/password that you set during registration. If you do not know your password, please use the Forgot Password link as you will lock your account out if you have too many failed login attempts.
    • YamiKaitou

Email Issues   04/16/2018

I've been made aware that people are having issues receiving emails from us. Please make sure you check your Spam/Junk folder. I have made some changes to the Mail Configuration that will hopefully resolve some of the issues. If you continue to have issues, please DM me on Discord
Sign in to follow this  
bmann_420

Getting Proof of Hackers

There have been numerous times in which a hacker has been reported to Super Central administration. However, without witness corroboration or proof, there is nothing we can do. To obtain this proof, you have two options.

Option 1: Demo

This option is less effective due to the fact that the person MUST be in Counter-Strike to view the .dem file. However, if this is your method of choice, follow the steps below:

• Step 1: To begin recording a demo, ensure that you are in spectator mode and viewing the screen of the player in question. Then, open your console and type: "record ", replacing the with at least part of the name of the hacker. Although you can name the demo anything you want, it is easier to keep track of if it is named after the player in question.

• Step 2: After you have finished recording sufficient proof, you may stop the recording by typing "stop" in the console. The console will then say something along the lines of "Demo successfully completed".

*NOTE: To ensure your demo works before leaving the game, type "playdemo " in the console. This will ensure the demo did infact record properly so you do not waste your time or an administrator's time.

• Step 3: (please remove the spaces which are used to avoid bots).

Upon recieving and viewing of the demo, the appropriate action will be taken.

Option 2: Movie

This option is preferred as it allows the administrator to view it without being in-game, but requires a little more work and requires you to download Fraps, a program that allows you to record approximately 30 seconds of video, watermarking the video (or for $37, you can unlock unlimited length movies, restricted only by free space on your hard drive, along with no watermarkings). You can download Fraps at http://www.fraps.com.

• Step 1: The first step in using Fraps is to ensure that the program is running. You do not need to leave Counter-Strike if you are able to Alt+Tab out of the program. Once the program is running, go to the "Movies" tab and select a folder to save the movie file to. Check which key is your hotkey or change it to whatever you want.

• Step 2: Once you are back in Counter-Strike (either by Alt+Tab again or by clicking on the task in the taskbar), you are now ready to record. Ensure you are in spectator mode and viewing the screen of the player in question. Then, press the hotkey that allows you to record movies. Your movie is now being recorded.

• Step 3: If you are using the free version, your movie will stop automatically after 30 seconds. If you are using the unlimited version, or wish to stop before the 30 seconds is up, you may stop the recording by pressing your Movies hotkey again. Your movie file is now recorded.

• Step 4: After recording your movie, either minimize Counter-Strike by the Alt+Tab method, or quit Counter-Strike completely. Using either Windows Explorer or My Computer, navigate to where you saved your movie file (default if you didnt change it: C:/Fraps). In there will be a file with a long name with many numbers in it. If you double-click on this file, it should open in your default media player and it should be the movie you just recorded. If it is, rename it to include at least part of the player in question's name.

• Step 5:. Then, post a link to the movie file in the Counter-Strike 1.6 Servers forum and you are done.
Upon viewing the .avi movie file, the appropriate action will be taken.

*Thanks to Iceman

Hmm....this looks familiar..... :P

Hey Billy, before you copy a how to, you might want to read it over ;) You might consider changing the "Army of Chaos" in the first sentence to "SuperCentral" ;)

Also, I just realized that I never fixed Step 3 of the demo method...it's supposed to have the e-mail address they are to send the file to.

And also I thought about it, I should have added in the Fraps method to be sure to do a "status" in the console during the movie to provide us with a steamid, otherwise I could go in under your name and if someone records me, they think its you. Only the steamid could prove its not you and it was me. With the demo, you can do it yourself while your viewing it (if i'm not mistaken.... :/)

You might also want to update Step 5 in the fraps method so that it says the proper forum to post in (you dont have the forum listed) ;)

P.S. thanks for including credit :)

lol, yea I jsut read the top, I got lazy. And you cought me. :D I have to give you credits tho.

If you want, you can make a new one and I'll stick that? Or i can tweak it, I dunno the fraps method myself.

Just fix those things. The methods themselves aren't flawed, there's just some missing information. Fix the Army of Chaos at the top, and add the e-mail address for where they should send demos, and also update the server in Step 5 of the Fraps method. The methods themselves are not flawed though. (with the exception of including a note between Steps 2 & 3 of the fraps method to state that they need to show a status in the console to show steamids for verification purposes)

This is a little outdated, lilke wayyy outdated.  If anybody wants to make a small tutorial or an easy way to demo and save and then retrieve for users in the community, feel free.  This will be retired though.  Maybe somebody can confirm if any of this still works.

This is a little outdated, lilke wayyy outdated.  If anybody wants to make a small tutorial or an easy way to demo and save and then retrieve for users in the community, feel free.  This will be retired though.  Maybe somebody can confirm if any of this still works.

Yes, this still works and i use it often

Fraps is extremely old but you can do the same with OBS, bandicam, and so much more. But if you want something free, OBS is the best option.

If you plan to record on the game itself, never ever use spaces on filename because it will not work. So if you do something like this:

record filename 1

then stop. And then you create another one:

record filename 2

It will save it as:

filename.dem

it will be merged or the previous demo will not exist at all. So you have to make sure you don't put spacing. They're usually located here:

program files > steam > steamapps > common >garrysmod > garrysmod > all your files are here. Screenshot + addons + demos... etc.

I just have a record button but if I want a specific title I do that. I'm still not home cannot retrieve the vid rip. If you go into Options it will have a record demo button where you can bind a key (mine is L) to start recording then it automatically saves which I feel works every time because you can post it on youtube unlisted send the link then delete the demo which is now stored on youtube so you do not have random demos floating around with the same name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nf7Lm4UxSU

Bmann is adding some content to your post:

So this is a link to help with recording a demo on any source engine. (Gmod, hl2, tf2, css, etc)

Thanks bman I had another message up there somewhere saying what I was going to post on the link but it wasnt offensive idk what happened to it

Edited by Oreos