Welcome to Super Central Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Welcome to Super Central Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Super Central Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Super Central Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Photo

Punishment Clarification Question and a Proposal

rules question moderation

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ender_scythe

ender_scythe

• 5 posts
    • Time Online: 6h 31m 46s
  • Locationdead

Question

Hello, I'm interested in the mechanics of the punishment system you have in place. I've committed "mass RDM" twice (and I take full responsibility for the first). So I wish to know if I do not break any rules the previous "felonies" will be forgotten, and if so how long is the period before this pardon?

Clarification on the second supposed mass RDM

During a round I RDMed two people and attempted another RDM in the same round. This is 2 RDMs and 1 attempted RDM in a round. Since the definition of mass RDM according to the rules is "RDMing 4 or more players in one round" I have not committed mass RDM the second time. Also, I've been banned for two weeks for the second supposed offense, 9 days longer than what the rules warrant.

Proposal

Being banned is a bit annoying as it is slightly hard to view the rules that governed your ban. I propose that at the end of the ban message it has a link to the rules in case you wish to study them.

Thank you for your time!

Math2718

Math2718

• Garry's Mod Team
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLearning how to spell subtext without buttsex

There is an easy way to see how or why you were banned.   It is two mouse clicks from these forum pages; one to the SuperCentral home page, and another to the Rules tab on said home page.  If anyone is concerned about their ban, the rules were also put up immediately when the user first joins the server, whether or not they read them can result in the user's punishment.  In other words, there is no reason for difficulty to see the rules.

ender_scythe

ender_scythe

• 5 posts
  • Locationdead

How or why is not the issue. The issue is a way to see the rules after you were banned easily. Yes visiting this website is easy, but it could be simplified further by simply adding a link to the rules page in the ban message, which shows up as soon as you are banned. Since the ban message says why you were banned the why is a non-issue.

I'm not saying "how do I" but rather "it could help the server if".

Math2718

Math2718

• Garry's Mod Team
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLearning how to spell subtext without buttsex

Well in response to that, I say this.  We shouldn't have to "babify" the way the rules are shown.  If people don't have the common sense to know how to navigate a site or how to look up their own answers, i.e. how to find the rules, then this wouldn't be an issue.  It is actually easier than that.  Do a simple search for "SuperCentral TTT Rules" on Google and the rules page is the first page that pops up is Supercentral.co/ttt-rules .  Again, there should be no issue here on the "how do I" and the "it could help the server if".

Trinity

Trinity

Full stack

• Garry's Mod Team
  • 81 posts
  • LocationThe Krusty Krab

You're right that you shouldn't have been banned a second time for 2 RDMs and 1 attempted (whether that is actually what happened I don't know) It should have been a kick at the most. You are correct in that generally if you have a good record after being banned, it will generally go back to being a clean slate. We don't have any system for this type of thing. Bottom line, if you are known for being a rule breaker (RDMer, Mic spammer, toxic, etc.) AND it is also known you were banned recently for a similar reason, then THAT is how the whole "second offense" thing takes place.

My question to you is who banned you, when did the ban take place (day and closest guess to some sort of time) and what map was it on? That way we can look into the whole situation and question the staff who placed the punishment.

If you don't know the map name try to describe it the best you can.

Edited by Trinity, 11 January 2018 - 02:06 PM.

ender_scythe

ender_scythe

• 5 posts
  • Locationdead

I have no idea who banned me as no staff were online only a few minutes prior me committing the offense (that I recall). The map was the one that takes place in a cylinder with several large trees, it had a nether and a tester. The map has many deagles and incendiary grenades sprinkled as pickups. The ban occurred yesterday (early afternoon, maybe 3-ish?).

ender_scythe

ender_scythe

• 5 posts
  • Locationdead

As an aside, what happens if one were to commit 3 mass RDMs? Is that up to the staff on duty? All of the bottom cases have this format issue.

Something to note: the ban length of my first mass RDM was 1 week. As I do no recall the ban lengths of the old rules (I do believe the old rules had first mass RDM as 5 day ban) the same staff member may have banned me this time as the first, and both times followed the ghosting ladder. Just conjecture, but interesting never the less.

Edited by ender_scythe, 11 January 2018 - 05:28 PM.

Shiro

Shiro

• Garry's Mod Team
  • 60 posts
  • LocationStafford, TX
 MASS RDM
  • RDMing 4 or more players in one round is classified as Mass RDM
  • 1st Offense: 3 days ban
  • 2nd Offense 5 days ban

76561198011027661.pngAddFriend.png

v2Freebie07.png.2a46793db511e13e0ccd4aa9

ender_scythe

ender_scythe

• 5 posts
  • Locationdead

Is still banned.

Trinity

Trinity

Full stack

• Garry's Mod Team
  • 81 posts
  • LocationThe Krusty Krab

I couldn't find your logs in the old damage logs. I trust spicy salsa to not give a false ban. I've talked with other staff members and apparently you do have a bad rep for RDMing. I'm sorry if you were wrongly banned, but at this point you will just have to wait it out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rules, question, moderation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users