Welcome to Super Central Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Welcome to Super Central Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Super Central Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Super Central Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Photo

Third Party Bot

bots server supercentral

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Witherrrer

Witherrrer

Advanced Member

• 132 posts
    • Time Online: 22h 18m 39s
  • LocationMountain Mama

so i have 2 ideas of a third party bot, that won't interfere with the server downloads, but can save the reports made by players, even without the mods being online.

i remember my cousin making this happen in 2014 in a minecraft server, where a player could make a report in a website, that required 5 evidences of the report. (3 photos, your explanation, 2 witnesses)

you could implement this in the gmod servers by making this thing with the same concept. it is DEFINITELY annoying when players rdm you, and no mods are online.

2nd idea: i talked to raygunn about this, http://imgur.com/a/ch8dX

basically: [storage]<-{bot}<-(player reports) 

where the bot can automatically save reports made by other players, when no mods are active.

thank you for taking your time to read this, and please correct me if this is impossible/not effective, as i have 3 more ideas on what to do.

And now, I shall demonstrate an incomplete 

YamiKaitou

YamiKaitou

Mark of the Beast

• Owner
  • 908 posts
    • Time Online: 58d 48m 15s
By Bot, what kind of bot are you talking about? If you have an example of this being used somewhere else, please link us to it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Witherrrer

Witherrrer

Advanced Member

• 132 posts
  • LocationMountain Mama

http://www.asoftech....ord-repeat.html

the concept will work if there is and option to kinda store the reports made by players.

so this"bot" would be a player, with this software installed on the pc, the bot can automatically store reports, and an admin can get on the pc, and read the reports. 

https://support.goog...m=Desktop&hl=en

maybe google docs can be used so that ALL mods can see this report.

YamiKaitou

YamiKaitou

Mark of the Beast

• Owner
  • 908 posts

So basically you are proposing that we get rid of a player slot so we can have a fake player on the server that stores reports? There is no need for that. Simply report abusers on the forums with your proof. The only thing I can see that would be beneficial would being able to report it without leaving the server, which can easily be done with a command that logs it.

If you want to share your other ideas, go ahead, we won't bite

Witherrrer

Witherrrer

Advanced Member

• 132 posts
  • LocationMountain Mama

oh so there is a log! well i thought there wasn't.... well i had this idea about making a server bot, like on discord, but i gueass there is no need for that, because not many people go on this forum do they..... or maybe im just wrong, well sorry for disturbing you, have a nice day =)

YamiKaitou

YamiKaitou

Mark of the Beast

• Owner
  • 908 posts
I'm saying that would be the closest we could get to reasonably fulfilling your request. I do not know if we have that functionality right now or not. I could see Discord notifications being useful.

Also, you aren't disturbing us, we want to hear people's suggestions on ways to make our servers better

Wagglyteff

Wagglyteff

The answer to life, the universe and everything

• 45 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 19h 55m 4s

I'm saying that would be the closest we could get to reasonably fulfilling your request. I do not know if we have that functionality right now or not. I could see Discord notifications being useful.

Also, you aren't disturbing us, we want to hear people's suggestions on ways to make our servers better

Getting our Discord bot to display reports made could definitely be helpful.  Let's see what Taco, and our dev can work on.  That might actually be able to mitigate some RDM.

Witherrrer

Witherrrer

Advanced Member

• 132 posts
  • LocationMountain Mama

oh ok, so discord yes, this might work out fine actually

well storing the logs is going to help in reducing rdmERS, but not much on the rdmIMG.

so i was thinking a ToS that they have to read, and answer a few questions like in one of the servers in minecraft that i used to played in.

they made that whole setup, so when someone breaks the rules, they have full right to ban them, since they clearly answered those questions. the one who fail to answer will not be able to play. 

this way, all the players will know the rules, and will know they will be banned if they break them.

this is just a suggestion, and i myself think it's not going to be very effective.

Edited by Witherrrer, 03 August 2017 - 12:52 AM.

Witherrrer

Witherrrer

Advanced Member

• 132 posts
  • LocationMountain Mama

I had a brief conversation with GameGalaxy(http://imgur.com/a/vhbAI) and  after an intense hour of brainstorming, and taking a walk in the park, i have polished my original plan::::

"GameGalaxy: When someone gets reported it alerts all "ONLINE STAFF" and feeds into our RDM Manager where we can view the report and the reported players response"
online staff is a key part in this.
no staff
no notifications
but who said the staff should always be online?
oh what if there is something that can automatically do things for you..... A BOT
yep, as i said in my first idea, we can setup a bot to manually store the reports of players. well GameGalaxy's response was =
"Im going to have to wake up every day and check on all the reports, and that would be a pain in the a**" (kinda what he said)

so it will be a pain in the ***. imagine opening the folder that stores reports, and manually checking the damage logs, seeing if its reall, or seeing who made the mistake, is to damn time consuming. FOR ONE STAFF. (thats right GameGalaxy, you are not alone)

edit: yep, there are other staffs bro, just chill

Getting our Discord bot to display reports made could definitely be helpful.  Let's see what Taco, and our dev can work on.  That might actually be able to mitigate some RDM.

then there is this idea. the reports will be sent to discord. awesome! so mods can look at discord and take care of reports. but some may ask: isn't it better to have staffs online ALL the time? well he thing is, yes, yes it IS better. but one thing we didn't add to your equation is.....

TIME and LIFE

what if something happens and some staff members can't go online? (internet disconnects etc)

what if they don't have time?

what if they quit?

that's why i thought of this in the first place. to fill in that gap with no mods online. 

scenario: oh no i have go buy a potato (just roll with it) but i must take care of the server? forget the potato, ill just watch the server. oh wait... wasn't there a thing where you can auto store reports?.....

:end scenario

this is far from polished, but it's something

Edited by Witherrrer, 03 August 2017 - 07:19 PM.

Witherrrer

Witherrrer

Advanced Member

• 132 posts
  • LocationMountain Mama

http://supercentral....ing/#entry21057

soooo..... this happened.

well this sparked a new idea and a bad pun "they need pun-ishment"..... don't ban me GameGalaxy

anyways, we need to take action as this is just ONE case, not ten, but ONE. Imagine if we had 50 of these in our possibly-soon-to-be auto-logger. ouch.

we need a new system in reviewing reports. ASAP. so i think we can nick the idea from the supreme court (if any fbi agents are interested, i am just "inspired")

what makes the supreme court supreme? high chairs? plushy cushions? (maybe)

but the amount of WITNESSES are important. if we can set up a system where multiple people can put in their own thoughts about the situation, we can build a bigger picture.

i am tired, please bare with my  idea, as i just scrambled this thing like an omelet.

GameGalaxy

GameGalaxy

Full stack

• Garry's Mod Team
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I have honestly no idea what you're saying but if I keep to deliver the death sentence I forward this idea

Moskau - fremd und geheimnisvoll, Türme aus rotem Gold, kalt wie das Eis. Moskau - doch wer dich wirklich kennt, der weiss, ein Feuer brennt in dir so heiss. Kosaken hey, hey, hey leert die Gläser! Natascha ha,ha, ha, du bist schön! Towarisch hey, hey, hey, auf das Leben! Auf dein Wohl Bruder, hey Bruder ho! Moskau, Moskau wirf die Gläser an die Wand, Russland ist ein schönes Land, ho, ho, ho, ho, hey! Moskau, Moskau, deine Seele ist so gross, nachts da ist der Teufel los, ha, ha, ha, ha, hey! Moskau, Moskau, Liebe schmeckt wie Kaviar, Mädchen sind zum Küssen da, ho, ho, ho, ho, hey! Moskau, Moskau komm wir tanzen auf dem Tisch, bis der Tisch zusammenbricht, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Moskau Tor zur Vergangenheit Spiegel der Zarenzeit Rot wie das Blut Moskau Wer deine Seele kennt der weiss die Liebe brennt heiss wie die Glut Kosaken hey, hey, hey leert die Gläser! Natascha ha,ha, ha, du bist schön! Towarisch hey, hey, hey, auf die Liebe! Auf dein Wohl Mädchen, he Mädchen ho! Moskau, Moskau wirf die Gläser an die Wand, Russland ist ein schönes Land, ho, ho, ho, ho, hey! Moskau, Moskau, deine Seele ist so gross, nachts da ist der Teufel los, ha, ha, ha, ha, hey! Moskau la la la ... Moskau Moskau la la la ... Oh ohohoh... Moskau, Moskau Moskau, Moskau Wodka trinkt man pur und kalt, das macht hundert Jahre alt, oh, oh, oh, hey! Moskau, Moskau, Väterchen dein Glas ist leer, doch im Keller ist noch mehr, ah, ah, ah! Kosaken hey, hey, hey leert die Gläser! Natascha ha,ha, ha, du bist schön! Towarisch hey, hey, hey, auf die Liebe! Auf dein Wohl Bruder, hey Bruder ho! Moskau, Moskau wirf die Gläser an die Wand, Russland ist ein schönes Land, ho, ho, ho, hey! Moskau, Moskau, deine Seele ist so gross, nachts da ist der Teufel los, ha, ha, ha, ha, hey! Moskau, Moskau, Liebe schmeckt wie Kaviar, Mädchen sind zum Küssen da, ho, ho, ho, ho, hey! Moskau, Moskau komm wir tanzen auf dem Tisch, bis der Tisch zusammenbricht, ha, ha, ha, ha, HEY!

Witherrrer

Witherrrer

Advanced Member

• 132 posts
  • LocationMountain Mama

i have been readin up on Evolv, the ulx for ttt. maybe that could help

Trinity

Trinity

Full stack

• Garry's Mod Team
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Krusty Krab

The thing about this is yes, players being able to report whilst staff are offline would be nice... sort of.

Except

The reports would build up fast, especially if a Mass RDMer comes on and no staff are on to deal with it. People who made one mistake would be slain for something they did maps ago. This would lead to a lot of confusion and loads of reports on the forums saying "why was I slain?"  As well as we wouldn't really be able to watch death scenes if that was necessary for the situation (which often times it is). Not to mention staff were not there for the situation so in turn have little idea as to what exactly happened.

Your second idea to have a "supreme court" of witnesses implement their idea on the situation... well that would just go wrong in so many ways hahaha. Have a server full of people who are only semi-familiar with the rules and maybe a max of five players who are familiar with the rules and total chaos happens.

So, what can we do now?

You can send screenshots/videos of mass RDMers, hackers, etc.

Or

You can get on teamspeak and ask for a staff member.

Witherrrer

Witherrrer

Advanced Member

• 132 posts
  • LocationMountain Mama

as I said i literally eye-balled these ideas, when explaining it, so pardon me.....

but yes,  the "supreme court" was a horrible idea and i was trying to say, we could have a vote kick on the server, but of course that wont help if your logic is correct (im sure it is)

so over all, these were just suggestion that i thought of (rusty suggestions) so sorry if they sound like an omelette. 

P.S. the auto report logger is tied to your idea

So, what can we do now?

Or

caus if we get it to notify discord or teamspeak, IT WILL BE GOLDEN

Edited by Witherrrer, 11 September 2017 - 05:08 PM.

Trinity

Trinity

Full stack

• Garry's Mod Team
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Krusty Krab

as I said i literally eye-balled these ideas, when explaining it, so pardon me.....

but yes,  the "supreme court" was a horrible idea and i was trying to say, we could have a vote kick on the server, but of course that wont help if your logic is correct (im sure it is)

so over all, these were just suggestion that i thought of (rusty suggestions) so sorry if they sound like an omelette. 

P.S. the auto report logger is tied to your idea

So, what can we do now?

Or

caus if we get it to notify discord or teamspeak, IT WILL BE GOLDEN

We need more people giving ideas like you have been, so don't ever feel bad if your ideas don't work out. There are many aspects to your idea that would be great, we just need to find a way to make it all work effectively.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bots, server, supercentral

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users